Who can apply for a Laissez-Passer?
- The Staff Regulations (Article 23 paragraph 3) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (Articles 11 and Article 81) foresee the list of eligible applicants.
- Council Regulation 1417/2013 has extended in Article 1 of its Annex II the scope of the previous Regulation by adding new categories of so-called special applicants who may be granted a laissez-passer subject to respecting a certain number of conditions. Those conditions are listed in Article 2 of its Annex II.
List of eligible and special applicants
- Heads of Units
- Officials in grade AD12 to AD16
- Officials serving outside the territory of the European Union
- Other officials for whom it is required in the interest of the service
shall be granted a laissez-passer issued by the European Union.
- Family members of a member of an institution
- If they are on long stay outside the Union, including long-term posting:
- Family members of officials and other servants of the Union who fulfil the conditions laid down in the Staff Regulations and the Conditions of Employment of other servants
- Official and other servants of the Union who do not fulfil those conditions and their family members
- Seconded National Experts (SNE) and their family members
- Junior Professionals in Delegations (JPD) and their family members
may be granted a laissez-passer issued by the European Union